Monday, April 06, 2009

Season's Greetings! UPDATED!

Yes, today is the day -- opening day of the 2009 Beisbol (oops -- I mean Baseball) Season. Actually, it started last night, but that's purely a function of scheduling for television. At least it didn't start four days ago in Vietnam, or wherever, like it has been for the last few years.

Anyway, there is really only one point to this post: To tell you how to wager your hard earned money today. It has always been my tradition to bet AGAINST the Dodgers on Opening Day, namely because they almost never fail me -- that is, fail to make money for me on Opening Day. Today is no exception. The Dodgers are away, playing the hated Giants. It sickens me to have to put my cash on the Evil Ones, but this is business. As good as I think the Dodgers will do this season, and I do think they will do VERY well (mainly later in the season), today will not be their day.

Take the Giants and give the -124, today only.

Bank on it.


UPDATE: Yes, I'm an idiot. I was looking at the wrong schedule. That shows how completely out of touch I am this year. Ok, substitute Padres for Giants and "win" for "lose" and flip the rest of the stuff around and it will be ok. Let's just forget this post ever happened.

No comments: