Monday, August 04, 2008

My Birthday

Tonight we celebrated my birthday by going to Family Night at the sports park here in Temecula. The theme was "Groovy '70's." We made disco balls with plastic balls wrapped in tin foil and decorated them with plastic jewels that we glued on. Then, we got to make some Shrinky Dinks. Derek and Ashley made me a birthday card with one of them and Ashley made another one that said "Ashley, Dad, Mom" and decorated it with colorful flowers and a rainbow. Isn't that sweet? Tears welled up in my eyes when they gave those to me. I'll keep them forever. Then we also went up on this stage and danced around to disco music and won some prizes. It was cute when the toddlers were up there. They had fun with their parents and other kids with the music. We also made a friendship bracelet and went outside and made tie-dye t-shirts. We've never made those before, so when we were handed rubber bands and a white t-shirts, we had no clue what to do with them. Fortunately, there was someone there to show us what to do and we made some interesting designs. After that, we came home, and I made myself an ice cream cone with Breyer's triple chocolate ice cream and topped it with miniature M&M's. Yum! So, it was a fun night with the family and I realized that turning 40 is pretty cool!

No comments: