Saturday, April 01, 2006

Hmmmm..... my first post.... what to say, what to say?? Well, how about this: this is (hopefully) going to be a Group Blog -- that is to say, a group larger than the 2 of us that are here now, Marsupial (me) and ashleys_mommy (formerly known in other blogging worlds as Wife Of Marsupial). Invitations have been sent -- you people know who you are. If the right people decide to come on board, I think we will have a good mix of topics. Not that I don't love some single-topic blogs, but I think a mix of views and topics might be fun.

So, what can you expect from me? For starters, a jumble of reality-based politics, music (WARNING: my love is 70s & 80s Punk & New Wave, so be warned!), parenting stories, game show reviews, pet stories, rants about What The Problem Is With These Kids Today (with the hippin' and the hoppin' and the bippin' and the boppin') and whatever else dares to escape from my mind. Depending on the mood, posts will come out either as well-thought-out missives, barely comprehensible rambling screeds or, most likely, something in the middle.

As for the name, no, I am not Australian. Why 'Marsupial' then, you ask? It is a reference to something else, something that will probably come up at a later date.

Right now, it is a little past 11:00pm PST (we go on Pacific War Daylight Time in a few hours). This gives me just enough time to mention that today, April 1st, is the 19th Anniversary of my wife's and my first date. Yes, we keep track of that. We saw the movie Blind Date, of all things, and again, yes, we still watch it when it comes on. Even though we both had a sense of something bigger happening than a first date (as we found out by comparing notes later), I had no idea about the incredible experiences that dating/living with/marrying/having a child with ashleys_mommy would provide. I am 38 years old, and have been with her for 19 years -- that's half my life, and I would not change one second of it. I love you, honey!

On with the show....!

No comments: