Sunday, April 09, 2006

Hypercanes

A few people who know me (in the dreaded Inner Circle) have heard me, when talking about the weather last season, mention the term hypercane. A hypercane is best described as a 'runaway hurricane' with winds that could hit 500 mph. I have been surprised that the news media, in their obvious quest to drive everyone into constant hysteria, hasn't really mentioned this phenomena, instead preferring to talk about how last year's storms were aberrations, and how things should be calming down.

Imagine my surprise tonight to find an article talking about the potential worsening of storms in coming years! Not hypercanes, per se, but possibly an increase in intensity of hurricanes. (Keep in mind -- at 200 mph, it's still considered a hurricane.)

Some interesting stuff, if you're into that kind of thing. If not, I'm going to write about horses, too...

No comments: